You can probably remember some helpful GRE tips and test taking strategies…
But can you recall each and every one?
Well you are in for a surprise because I have put together the complete list.
Some are mandatory.
Some are unique.
Others are so good that some people try to hide their existence.
But they are all here.
Test Preparation Tips
1. Turn off Your Phone During Study Time: You are not allowed to have a phone in the testing room. So why use one during study time? They are also a huge distraction that does not allow you to focus on your studies.
2. Go Over All of Your Mistakes: Learning from your mistakes is one of the best ways to learn. Go over all of the problems that you missed to make sure you know what mistakes you made and how you can fix them in the future (and hopefully on exam day!).
3. Learn the Section Directions Now: The section directions do not change from exam to exam. Learn them now so that you do not have to waste time reading them on exam day. Use that time to answer more questions.
4. Take at Least 2 Full Practice Exams: Taking practice tests is one of the best ways to study for the exam. Make sure that when you take a full practice exam that you try to simulate test day conditions. This allows you to be more prepared.
5. Practice, Practice, Practice!: Practice makes perfect and that certainly is no different for the GRE test. Most test preparation experts expect you to study for 20-100 hours to prepare for the exam. Studying time is directly correlated with higher exam scores, so study up.